Vis Island House, Croatia
Our 200 year old luxury stone house on unspoilt Vis Island, Croatia is in the centre of the quiet pretty Venetian village of Kut. It was converted to a very high standard in 2006 and is perfectly situated for a relaxing villa holiday.
(Click on the images in the site to enlarge)
Vital statistics are:-
- 2 bedrooms (double beds),
- 3 WCs, 2 showers,1 bath,
- fully equipped kitchen with washing machine & drier,
- aircon & ceiling fans in all principal rooms,
- larger open plan salon, with 2 double sofa beds,
- roof-space gallery, with small balcony and panoramic harbour view.
The kitchen opens on to a private secluded courtyard which provides an opportunity for secluded al fresco dining and enjoying the sunshine.
The house is:-
- 1 minute from: ice cream parlour, 4 of the best restaurants & bars on the island, the riva (waterfront promenade) for a quick dip to cool off, village shop, small market, etc, and scuba diving pick up; and
- 10/20 mins (bike/walk) from: very pleasant Grandovac beach with bar offering local snacks & drinks, open air cinema, theatre, museum, pizza & other restaurants.
For exact location see http://goo.gl/maps/cSz8m
Car parking is 5 mins walk from our house. Car, scooter and boat hire is easily available locally, and recommended for a day or two to explore the island’s many beautiful coves, beaches, restaurants, vineyards, herb gardens, & fragrant hills abundant with flora & fauna.
There is a regular bus service to Komiža from Luka (ferry port) – 25 mins walk – which is a must-do outing. Being a working fishing port it has a totally different atmosphere to Vis, and speaks a different & similarly indecipherable dialect of the Croatian language. It has some good restaurants and two beaches (at either end of the village).
Vis Island House, Front View
Private secluded courtyard