Fort George and Hoste island
Luka - Vis town ferry port
Kut - our house, behind black yacht halfway up mast, blue shutters!
Vis Island House, Croatia
Our 200 year old, very comfortable, stone house on unspoilt Vis Island, Croatia is FOR SALE.
After more than 19 happy years visiting this beautiful island and making many local and other friends it is time to see some other places as well.
It is in the centre of the quiet pretty Venetian village of Kut. After buying it in 2003 its conversion (to a very high standard!) was completed in 2006 and is perfectly situated for a relaxing villa holiday.
Vital statistics are:-
- 2 bedrooms (double beds),
- 3 WCs, 2 showers,1 bath,
- fully equipped kitchen with washing machine & drier,
- aircon & ceiling fans in all principal rooms,
- larger open plan salon, with 2 double sofa beds,
- roof-space gallery, with small balcony and panoramic harbour view.
The kitchen opens on to a secluded gated courtyard which provides an opportunity for al fresco dining and enjoying the sunshine. Both sun and shade are available at all times of the day.
The house is:-
- 1 minute from: ice cream parlour, 4 of the best restaurants & bars on the island, the riva (waterfront promenade) for a quick dip to cool off, village shop, small market, etc, and scuba diving pick up; and
- 10/20 mins (bike/walk) from: very pleasant Grandovac beach with bar offering local snacks & drinks, open air cinema, theatre, museum, pizza & other restaurants.
For exact location see http://goo.gl/maps/cSz8m
Car parking is 5 mins walk from our house. Car, scooter and boat hire is easily available locally, and recommended for a day or two to explore the island’s many beautiful coves, beaches, restaurants, vineyards, herb gardens, & fragrant hills abundant with flora & fauna.
There is a regular bus service to Komiža from Luka (ferry port) – 25 mins walk – which is a must-do outing. Being a working fishing port it has a totally different atmosphere to Vis, and speaks a different & similarly indecipherable dialect of the Croatian language. It has some good restaurants and two beaches (at either end of the village).
For 2017 our luxury house is available for rent from April through October. Our house is listed with One Off Places, with whom we have worked for several years. For prices please see link, for availability please contact us.