When visiting the islands most don’t allow enough time to see what Split has to offer, other than a short stroll through the centre of the Emperor Diocletian’s palace and the old town. Here is an eclectic list of
its other attractions from Total Croatia News.
- Napoleon’s Post Box
- Painting of the Prophet Muhammad
- View from the Top of Split
- Modern Architecture in the Ancient City
- Croatian National Theatre – opera & ballet
- Archaeological Museums
- Ivan Meštrović, outside of the Galleries
- Sirnica for Easter, Split Style
- Asparagus – Forest Spring Delicacy
Wild asparagus is a speciality of Val Restaurant, which Lući (the owner) picks herself from her favourite spots in the countryside. Val is a stone’s throw from our house on Vis.